Kitchtastic pop culture humorist Charles Phoenix (previously featured here) has promoted breakfast cereal from humdrum to awesome with the creation of this magnificently overindulgent Six-Layer Milk Soaked Cereal Cake with Frosted Flakes Frosting. Sugary cereals were a rare treat when we were little and we pretty much always want cake, so this towering fusion of the two is blowing our minds.
Here are the paired cereal and cake layer flavors from top to bottom:
- Apple Jacks with Spice Cake
- Trix with Blue Velvet Cake
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch with Yellow Cake
- Peanut Butter Crunch with Chocolate Cake
- Froot Loops with Red Food Colored White Cake (Red Velvet Cake was not BRIGHT enough!)
- Cocoa Puffs with White Cake
The entire thing is covered in vanilla Frosted Flakes frosting and decorate with pieces of all the cereals used in the cake’s six layers.
So much cereal. So much cake. SO much sugar. We might swoon.
Click here for a video of Charles Phoenix describing his magnificent cake and click here for the recipe and instructions.
[via Blazenfluff and Foodiggity]